SOGO SYNERGY PVT. LTD. is registered as “PRODUCER RESPONSIBILITY ORGANIZATION” (PRO) under E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016 and it is the Responsibility to undertake professional activities which are prescribed under the rule 13 (1) (xvii) and in consonance with the guidelines of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) as well as Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) to improve the environment in an effective way.
As per the directives of KSPCB to celebrate World Environment Day on 5th June this year with the aim to raise awareness among all that this year the KSPCB come out with the theme as “Bio-Diversity” to protect our nature and environment. The life on the Earth is varied to many and its biological diversity is commonly referred to as “Bio-Diversity”. There are numerous species which includes plants, animals, and microorganisms, the vast diversity of genes among these species, the different ecosystems on the planet, such as deserts, rainforests and coral reefs is all part of a biologically diverse Earth.
Appropriate Conservation and Sustainable Development Strategies attempt to recognize this as being integral to any approach to preserving “Bio-Diversity”. Almost all cultures have their roots in our biological diversity in some way or form.
A healthy “Bio-Diversity” provides a number of natural services for everyone at Free of Cost , which has to be restored and utilize properly.
SOGO SYNERGY PVT. LTD., having a social obligation to mark “Bio-Diversity” theme, has come out with the useful programme to keep the environmental status by creating a thick canopy of growing trees surrounding the Factory Unit to suppress fugitive emission as well as to provide visual beauty under the “Greenbelt Trees Plantation Program” as an important value as a part of the biosphere in the Eco-system. A green belt of tree plantation around the plant site will help to arrest the particulate matter in the area and hence to weaken the pollution to a great extent.
SOGO SYNERGY PVT. LTD. has undertaken ”GREEN BELT TREE PLANTATION PROGRAMME” to support the theme of “Bio-Diversity” by planting Tree during the year 2020 in all the Factory Unit of Doddaballapura Industrial Area, is one of the effective remedial measures to control air pollution and noise pollution. This Greenbelt Programme of Tree Plantation has started from OWN FACTORY UNIT in the Doddaballapura Industrial Area on 5th June 2020 with the objectives that the Greenbelt Plantation at Plant Site may take due care to ensure that a green belt is developed around the factory unit area.
The main objective is to ensure a green cover tolerating pollutant gases and solid particulates present in the atmosphere. The Plantation Programme of trees in and around the company are meant mainly to reduce air pollution caused by factory emissions, to absorb sound, to prevent soil erosion and to maintain aesthetic value for healthy living.
Selection of Trees under Green Belt Programme
- Trees should be fast growing and tall trees
- Trees should be perennial and evergreen
- Trees should have thick canopy cover
- The planting should be in appropriate alternate rows around the site to prevent lateral pollution dispersion.
- The trees should maintain regional ecological balance and conform to soil and hydrological conditions.
The main purpose of green belt development is to contribute to the following factors:
- To reduce noise levels generated from the plant
- To improve the aesthetics of the plant area
- To trap the vehicular emissions and fugitive dust emissions
- To maintain ecological homeostasis
- To utilize the treated effluents. Provision of wide green belt around the plant has been foreseen to reduce any adverse impacts on the surrounding population due to emissions from the proposed expansion activity. Plantation of grass, flowers, bushes and trees will be taken-up to reduce the generation of dust from bare earth and to enhance the aesthetic/scenic value.
- Trees are planted along the boundary side, to arrest auto-exhaust and noise pollution, and in such a way that there is no direct line of sight to the installation when viewed from a point outside the foliage perimeter